Description CDJ-2000 CD Player
Prepared For Any Performance
Adapting to today’s variety of media formats, the CDJ-2000 enables playback of MP3, AAC, WAV and AIFF audio files from CDs and USB memory devices, and from DVDs and SD cards as well on the CDJ-2000. A USB port located on top of the turntable enables users to quickly connect an external storage device such as a Tonium Pacemakerï¿½ or a hard drive packed with music files, minimizing the need to bring a laptop computer to performances.
The CDJ-2000 turntable includes rekordboxï¿½, Pioneer’s proprietary music management software that organizes and catalogs a DJ’s entire music library. When music files are imported to rekordbox, the software analyzes each file and prepares them for use specifically with the new CDJ turntable. Key elements of Pioneerï¿½s rekordbox software:
- Beats Per Minute (BPM) Data ï¿½ BPM / Tempo information for each song is identified and processed into rekordbox for use by the DJ in preparing and performing a set.
- Waveform Data ï¿½ The waveform of each song is identified and then displayed on the bottom screen for quick data visualization and for use with the needle search function on the CDJ-2000 turntable.
- Tag Info & Artwork ï¿½ Edit and customize the fi le information to performance needs.
- Hot Cues, Cue Points, and Loops ï¿½ Prepare and customize cues and loops as well as create and manage hot cue banks.
- Playlists ï¿½ Create, edit and manage customized playlists for various performances.
- Beatgrid ï¿½ Utilizing the new Quantizing feature, cue points and loops can be set perfectly on-beat. The Quantize feature ensures cue points are set accurately and automatically, correcting and synching beats during manual looping or a real-time cueing, preventing off beat mistakes.
Users can then transfer analyzed music files to their preferred storage media and play them directly from the new CDJ turntable. The software offers song information that can be viewed easily during performances on the CDJ’s large display to quickly search and access content by genre, title, BPM, etc. Also, as analyzed tracks are played through the CDJ product, the turntable automatically creates and saves a play history enabling users to review past performances on their PCs.
Pro DJ Link
The new turntable features Pioneerï¿½s Pro DJ Link that enables up to four CDJ-2000/900s to be connected via the Link Port to share a single music source, whether it is a hard drive, USB and/or SD memory card. Once linked, users have the ability to quickly find, display and choose the music file from a connected source through the CDJ’s built-in display and control knobs. A quick turn of the knob lets users scroll through created files and folders and a push of the knob confirms the song choice.
The new turntable feature a 24-bit/48 kHz sound card and HID and MIDI control compatibility via USB port. Up to 35 controls on the surface of the player can be used to trigger other devices, such as DJ effecters and software by way of HID and/or MIDI. The HID controls were implemented into the player for superior interfacing with software, faster communication speed over MIDI, audio/visual streaming and two-way information on the display. HID enables easy, precise and native control of DVS systems such as Native Instruments’ Traktor series and MixVibes Cross2 without the need for time-coded discs.
- LCD panel and Graphic User Interface ï¿½ The flagship CDJ-2000 features a large WQVGA 6.1-inch full-color 480 x 234 LCD panel for displaying song titles and jacket art as well as detailed track information so DJs can select songs at a glance. The wave data of each song is also illustrated on screen, showing high and low amplitude to further assist DJs.
- Needle Search ï¿½ Helps DJs instantaneously get to a specific part of a song with a simple touch of the Needle Search pad. Found directly below the CDJ-2000’s high resolution LCD panel, the touchpad lets the DJ “place the needle” and jump quickly to a specific part of a music track.
- Jog Dial ï¿½ Adjustments for tension were enhanced from previous models allowing the DJ to further customize the feel of the jog dial from a light to heavy sensitivity. Four illuminated areas on the sides of the Jog Dial aid the DJ in finding the desired spot on the plate in dim lighting environments.
For more accurate tempo control while mixing, the CDJ-2000 is enhanced with increased frame increments of 0.5 frames that allow the DJ to set a cue point or loop point with more precision.
To achieve the highest sound quality, the CDJ-2000 was equipped with the audio industry’s highly respected Wolfson DAC processor, delivering a very transparent, accurate audio signal resulting in a highly improved signal-tonoise ratio and increased headroom.
Compatible Media and Formats
The CDJ-850 is compatible with MP3, AAC, WAV and AIFF digital audio formats recorded on USB storage devices or CD-R/RW discs.
Free Rekordbox Music Management Software Included
Pioneerï¿½s proprietary music management software organizes and catalogs a DJï¿½s entire music library. When music files are imported to rekordbox,the software analyzes each file and prepares them for use specifically with the new CDJ turntables.
USB Export Capability
DJs using the rekordbox software can easily export their music files and custom managed data onto a USB device and quickly plug in directly to the CDJ-850 and access tracks without the need to be linked to a PC. Play histories on the CDJ-850 are automatically recorded onto rekordbox via connected USB device for the DJï¿½s next session which makes the cycle of music file management, DJ play and preparation for future sessions very simple.
The display and user interface of the player is designed for quick and fluid music selection. Combined with its rotary selector, navigation through music lists (title, artist, BPM, etc.) is extremely fast and easy. The WAVE display enables smooth DJ play because the user can visually analyze the flow and dynamics of the entire song.
DJ Software Control and Audio Interface
The CDJ-850 multi-media player features MIDI, enabling control of various DJ software running on a laptop. With the use of the built-in USB HID interface, the CDJ-850 can also control more complex operations of DJ software without the need for a control disc. For additional versatility, the player can also be used as a PC audio interface.
Tag List Function
Equipped with an editable Tag List functionality, users of the player can easily register tracks during play or preview to add to their playlist queue. The song order in the Tag List can be altered and saved as a playlist in rekordbox.